I for one am a fan of the weekend. And my weekend is here!
July was a particularly busy month for me so I didn’t get out and around town a whole lot. And most schools will resume instruction this upcoming week (some have already started!) making this weekend the last weekend of summer break! So how will you spend it?
Below is a list of events I’m interested in and would like to attend. What other events are happening that you know of? Share them in the comments!
Have a fun weekend in Arizona! Click the links for more information.
Happening this weekend–
Friday, August 2:
6:00PM – 10:00PM Phoenix First Fridays @ Downtown Phoenix, AZ
* Art galleries, music, and food trucks, oh my! Explore the streets of downtown Phoenix with other First Friday-goers. Cost is FREE but you should bring cash to support local artists or to buy yummy food from the food trucks.
Saturday, August 3:
2:00PM Tween Club Read Summer Party @ Changing Hands, Tempe AZ
* Youth ages 8 to 12 can join the free Club Read program. From Changing Hand’s website: “We meet once a month to discuss a book, do some fun activities, eat free pizza, and have a great time.” Cost is FREE.
5:30PM Miss Native American USA Pageant 2013 @ Tempe Center for the Arts, Tempe AZ
* 8 contestants competing for the title of Miss Native American USA. Cost is $15 per person (adults and kids).
8:00PM – 2:00AM Ethan 103, Downplay Music, The Blissins, and Ethnic De Generation show @ Tempe Tavern, Tempe AZ
* 4 Diné punk and rock bands raid the Tempe local music scene at Tempe Tavern. This is a 21+ age show. Cost is FREE.
Sunday, August 4:
8:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM, or 3:30PM Bikram Yoga 90 minute class @ Bikram Yoga Tempe, Tempe AZ
* Bikram Yoga Tempe has 4 classes on Sunday to help kick start your week. Cost is $17 for a single class drop-in.